SC - making sausages

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Wed Nov 4 17:30:56 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/4/98 4:08:10 PM !!!First Boot!!!, acrouss at gte.net
writes:

<< Since the grocery store pork most of us have access to is lot fed, and a
 pudgy breed, I chose to reconstruct the recipe using Canadian bacon, rather
 than the generic high salt, mostly fat, little meat bacon you get at the
 grocery store.

Just a little note I have read some of those recipes that use bacon and using
it raw would produce a rather unpalatable product so I have a small theory
just a theory that like the modern Irish there is two types of bacon streaky
our American kind and Irish bacon which is the loin treated and smoked like
bacon. Now I know this because of some of the new Irish cooking methods and
recipes and when I looked dazed and confused the Irish chefs explained to me
that their is two type of bacon and when a recipe calls for bacon it means
Irish it will specifically call for streaky bacon when it is required. You can
find Irish bacon in star markets in south Boston and some of the Boston stores
proper. Hope this helps it has often given me pause to think.
             Joram