SC - Early Period Clothing

Andrew & Lyn RHODRI at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 4 21:55:16 PST 1998

Sindara asked:

> What herbs were mentioned to curdle milk?

The following is from my cheesemaking-msg file.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
- --------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:45:36 -0400
From: marilyn traber <margali at 99main.com>
Subject: Re: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #262

ND Wederstrandt wrote:
> I was at the wonderful Central Market and found some cheese with Nettles in
> it.  I was tempted to get it to try but didn't have enough cash.  I also
> read that nettles can be used for cheesemaking as well as being a fiber and
> dye plant.  The Vikings were very adept at using it.
>
> Clare St. John

Definitely, one of the current derivations of vegetarian cheesemaking
supplies. The modern stuff [you don’t need to float the nettles in the
milk] can be mail ordered from:

new england cheesemaking supply co, inc
85 main st, po box 85
ashfield, ma 01330