SC - Question on Butters

Peters, Rise J. PetersR at spiegelmcd.com
Thu Nov 5 11:09:00 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/5/98 9:13:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
PetersR at spiegelmcd.com writes:

<<
 I just went through this same process this past weekend!  (Even down to the
 beef y-stewd).  And we went very overboard on butter, we had about half a
 pound per table of 8 (there were these neat little crocks to put it in and
 we just got carried away).  The  majority of it came back, I would say that
 most tables went through about 3/4 of a stick for a group of 8, and about a
 loaf and a half of bread.  So I'd suggest 1 stick for 8 to 10 people, that's
 12 to 15 sticks for 120 people, call it four pounds and you'll have a little
 left over.

 Of course, there was savory toasted cheese available (on the broccoli) so
 it's possible they were putting that on the bread and thus going light on
 cheese; I wasn't in the feast hall so I couldnt' tell.

 =Caitlin
 = >>
	That seems just a tad light to me......... I'd be more inclined to go with
the 1/2 lb per table, or at least 1 1/2 sticks. But a lot does depend on how
much bread you are serving to mop it up, and how many flavors of butter you
are doing--the more flavors, the more butter you need to allow for
preferences. From past experience, I'd suggest making more honey butter than
herb. Too many silly folks regard green bits in their butter with
suspicion............ ;-) Especially the way *I* tend to make it, with nearly
as much herb matter as butter!

		Ldy Diana