SC - french

Helen him at gte.net
Thu Nov 5 12:10:54 PST 1998

Sotleties are fancy pieces, like cockentrice made of bunny/rabbit bodies sewt
together to resemble a mythical beastie. Some are spectacular. Other sotleties
are elaborate set pieces like a castle garden made up of marzipane and other
goodies to look as lifelike as possible. Warners are foods made of one thing
designed to look like something else, like filling an egg shell with white and
yellow fishpaste to look like hard boiled eggs, and then making and forming slabs
of eggwhite to look like fillets of fish, so I would have some sort of fish
fillet dish garnished with wedges of 'hard boiled egg' or any number of recopes
like mock turtle soup instead of real turtle soup, theoretically marzipan
strawberries are also warners because it is almonds taking the place of
strawberries. It can be fun to do to people. I seem to remember that eggs were ok
during lent as they were not meat...anybody?
margali