Freezing Bread Dough (was Re: SC - Bread Soup Bowls)

Sat Nov 7 19:08:48 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/7/98 2:34:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

<< the lower part of the leg is left in?  Meanwhile the skin is stuffed with
some
 other stuff?  The original poster was stuffing the empty bird-skin with
 sausage, are there any other recipes stuffing it with anything besides
 sausage?  Deboning and re-stuffing a chicken in this manner is more or less
"period"?

 Bonne >>

I said 'us'. I meant to say 'use'. I don't know about how period this method
of the deboning process is but there are several period recipes which call for
deboning and restuffing birds. The method I use came from one of those cooking
programs I used to watch years ago.

IIRC, there are recipes which call for deboning, removing the breast, chopping
it fine and restuffing the skin, as well as stuffing with other meats. I do
not have any of those recipes redacted so they are not in my data base (which
BTW is coming along fairly rapidly so I won't have to go searching  for a
specific recipe so often in the future). There may be others on the list that
can answer this question more clearly than I.

Ras