SC - Period Milk

Kathleen M Hogan kathleen.hogan at juno.com
Sun Nov 8 19:22:55 PST 1998

> Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 14:10:48 EST
> From: CONNECT at aol.com
> Subject: SC - A plea for help with presentation

Lady Rosalyn MacGregor, PF (Pattie Rayl) wrote:

> It's very likely that I'll be doing the feast at our Barony's proposed event
> in June--the Feast of St. Bacchus. (Yes, we know Bacchus is a Roman god. It's
> a joke.)

Not as far off as you might think!

Perhaps we can get the story straight from the noble Cariadoc, but I'm
told a Knight of my acquaintance had a theological discussion with His
Grace during a Pennsic War, during which the knight apparently swore a
mighty oath by Saint Goliath. I am told David Friedman opened his mouth
to protest there was no such saint, then it suddenly hit him this was
not something Cariadoc of the Bow would have known, and closed his mouth
on the subject.

My informant, the knight I mention, tells me it is a perfectly
reasonable assumption that Goliath is a saint: he's in the Bible, isn't
he??? I've also since discovered that there is a stained glass window in
Ste. Mere Iglese, Normandy, featuring Saints David and Goliath.

St. Bacchus probably is the patron saint of Sacramental wine...;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com