SC - Suggestions for vegetarian "main" dish needed

CONNECT@aol.com CONNECT at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 07:59:49 PST 1998

Hiya from Anne-Marie
we're asked for a vegetarian main dish to go with venison roast.

Might I susgest the traditional frumenty (I believe Tyrca suggested this as
well)? If you couple it with funges (stewed shrroms in veggie broth with
spices and leeks), its an outstanding sidedish for carnivores, and a lovely
hearty main dish for the forest eaters among us.

My advice is to stay away from gluten roast...not only is it not
documnetably medieval for Europe (cant speak for the East), but its
expensive and no one will eat it but a couple vegetarians, maybe (most of
the vegetarians I know wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole). Go for a
dish that everyone can eat, just that vegetarians can use it as their main
dish while everyone else gets it as a side.

My versions of these recipes have been posted several times on this list,
as well as in _Serve it Forth_.

Good luck!
- --Anne-Marie