SC - Suggestions for vegetarian "main" dish needed

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Nov 9 08:30:04 PST 1998

Good Brangwayna, you wrote:

<<As you can see, we need a vegetarian dish to complement the roast venison.
I've had one shire member suggest a gluten roast - which suggestion has been
politely refused, explaining that we would like all the dishes to be period.
The vast majority of the rest of the recipes are 14th century English; I'd
like a nice solid veggie dish of a similar nature.  Any suggestions?>>

I have a dish from Goodman of Paris I serve to vegetarians, redacted by a
local Laurel, that is always a big hit. It's a vegetable tart, or more
precisely a spinach, parsely, mustard greens, and swiss chard, cheese and egg
pie. The great thing about this dish is it's so delicious even meat eaters
like it. :) Plus, it tastes better re-heated as the flavors get a longer
chance to blend; so I always make them up in advance, freeze, and then reheat
at the event. It's a fairly cheap dish.

I'd be happy to share it if it's of interest to anyone.

Your humble servant,
Rosalyn MacGregor
(Pattie Rayl)