SC - Suggestions for vegetarian "main" dish needed

Bronwynmgn@aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 14:46:23 PST 1998

>I ahve been asked if I knew a recipe so I thought I'd pass the request along
>to the group.  Apparently in a role - playing game called Pendragon, cinnamon
>beef is Sir Harry's favorite dish.  Does anyone know what dish this might
>refer to???
>
> - Sister Mary Endoline

Long before I joined the SCA, I used to make a hearty beef stew, starting
with dreding the beef pieces and browning them. During the browning
process, I would lightly dust each piece with cinnamon. It gave an
incredible taste to an otherwise simple stew. I was delighted to discover,
much later, that I had re-discovered a flavor combination from the
Rennaisance.

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at ptialaska.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson