SC - Cooking Frumenty

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Nov 10 09:59:57 PST 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie

We are asked:
><< Something just popped out of the back of my head regarding
> frumently, and I though I'd ask- how do you keep it from scorching,
> particularly in large batches?  >>

When we did it, we cooked it in "reasonable" batches at home with
everything but the raw egg, that we stirred in when it cooled, and sealed
it in boil in the bag baggies. On site, we brought large pots of water to a
boil and threw in the bags. When the cold lumps of cooked stuff became soft
and pliable, the egg was cooked and the stuff was hot through. No burning,
no scorching. And no pots to  clean on site!

I believe the complete article is in the florlegiuthingie, and I know it
was published in _Serve it Forth_, including our reconstruction for
frumenty and funges.

good luck!
- --AM