SC - Fremented butter

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:26:49 PST 1998

While I have never TRIED to make vinegar from my beers and wines, I have created a disturbing volume of same.  There are various infections, but the acetobacter is distinct.  The malt vinegar is quite lovely when you expect it.  I have poured them all out to date, but have decided to save the next one and use it in recipes and as a mother of sorts.

niccolo difrancesco

Has anyone ever tried to make vinegar from wine or beer? I've seen several
recipes that call for hanging a cloth bag of sourdough in the wine or beer
and letting it ferment, but I don't have any sour dough starter right now
so I haven't given it a try.

Valoise