SC - Help w/ conversion

Beverly Viel cookbevsez at forumboard.com
Sat Nov 14 10:13:43 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/14/98 6:50:41 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
sunnie at exis.net writes:

>  Forgive me...I am not really ignorant of drugs entirely, but I've heard the
> term
>  aqua vitae ("water of life" I believe) and I have no idea what it is.  Can
> anyone
>  tell me?

Aqua vitae = Whiskey
The etymology of the word whiskey is tortuous, but it is generally considered
to have come over time from the latin words meaning water of life.  Certainly
our friends in period meant a very strong alcoholic drink when they used the
term.

Mordonna DuBois
Haven of Warriors
Barony of Atenveldt