SC - haggis

Jgoldsp@aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Mon Nov 16 16:54:21 PST 1998

> I too don't want to to feed the "cost of playing in the SCA" debate and
> like Christianna, feel that  I get the most bang for my buck in the sca. I
> find this hobby relatively cheap and we're talking $10-12 a feast in this
> Kingdom. My time is very valuable to me and I certainly don't mind spending
> it in an enjoyable way, no matter what the cost....my time is worth it.

Milady, I agree with you for the most part.  I don't mind paying
whatever it takes for my hobby, within reason.  But, $10-12 a head for a
feast?  Is it really that expensive where you are?  At the event I ran
this fall, the feastocrat was budgeted $5 a person and came in almost
20% UNDER budget.  And her feast was very, very well lauded.  I wouldn't
think that, even with fluctuating prices, I would have to budget more
than $6 or $7 tops anytime in the next few years.  Is the cost of living
really 100% higher in CA than in Pennsylvania?

Sorry if I seem argumentative - I don't mean to be - but that jumped out
at me...

Magdalena

tsersen at browser.net   lorax at tulgey.browser.net

soles occidere et redire possunt: