SC - Price of Feasts (was butter)

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Nov 17 16:17:08 PST 1998

Thanks for the clarification on the exchange rate. But, in Ansteorra, $8 dollars
(american) is still high unless you are doing a very lavish feast. Most feasts
here cost $5-7. And they are good feasts (usually serving 2 courses).  It could be
some food items are cheaper here... I don't know.
I'd love to see some menus from feasts in Lochac! Just to compare notes!

In service,

Meadhbh
Ansteorra

Mary Morman wrote:

> Remember here please, that Robyn is talking Australian $$ which are worth
> about .60 US $$ right now.  So a $12 feast fee would be $8 US - right on
> for many US SCA locales.
>
> Elaina
> Going to Lochac in September...
>
> On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Robyn Probert wrote:
>
> > Greeting the list,
> >
> > I think the price must depend on your outlays. We almost always need to hire
> > a hall, which will cost between $100 and $500 (or even more) depending on
> > size. We might need to hire tables and chairs and/or cooking/heating
> > equipment if the site kitchen is poor (often!). As well as food, we need to
> > buy candles, cleaning gear, maybe advertising (for a page ad in the official
> > newsletter), postage to send receipts to those who book ahead...
> >
> > The smaller the event, the lower the on-costs, but we can't ever just get by
> > with food. Small feast cost about $10-$15 and big ones more, but then if you
> > buy takeaway for lunch it costs $5 and you can't buy dinner under $10-$15
> > (and that's cheap), and going to the movies is $12, so it's not really that
> > expensive...
> >
> > Rowan

> > Robyn Probert                                 Phone +61 2 9239 4999
> > Services Development Manager                  Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
> > Customer Support Manager                      15 Castlereagh St
> > Lawpoint Pty Limited                          Sydney  NSW  AUSTRALIA

- --
ÿWPCT