SC - Men who can cook!!!

Balano1@aol.com Balano1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 18 03:58:01 PST 1998

One of the things we have to remember when comparing feast costs from kingdom
to kingdom is the way in which "feast cost" is determined.  In kingdoms which
do most of their eventing in the form of weekend camping events, the feast is
a separate budget item, and is purchased at registration separately from the
event itself.  You have your event fee, then feast is usually about $6.00
more.  However, in places where the event is a day in a rented church or civic
hall, the feast budget often contains the cost of the hall, which will
significantly increase the cost of the "feast".  People who live in "camping"
kingdoms think of feast as a separate entity.  People who live in "daytrip"
kingdoms often think of "feast" as the whole event.  It's an interkingdom
anthropology thing which should be taken into account when we're agog about
"high" prices for "feast".

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother
Kingdom of Trimaris, one of the camping kingdoms
formerly of Atlantia, one of the daytrip kingdoms