SC - Provided Lighting at Feasts

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Wed Nov 18 12:19:19 PST 1998

Just wanted to thank everyone who responded to help me with my questions
about sausage and powder douce.  This list is definitely a great resource :)

The food preservation workshop turned out great -- nine people going over
original, late-period recipes and my first-stab at a redaction and then
working out new recipes to turn out some good food.

The smoked sausages came out wonderful (for those interested, I ended up
using 8 lbs of pork shoulder to 2.5 lbs lard and bacon fat) if a little bit
salty.  Plastic coke bottles work wonderfully as disposable sausage
stuffers/funnels if anyone else out there is thinking of doing some sausage
stuffing.

We also made raspberry jelly, pears in wine sauce, pickled cucumbers, quince
conserve (Krogers' actually had quinces -- can you believe it!!) pickled
mushrooms, pickled compost, salted fish, and dried cherries.  Yum.  Everyone
got a jar of each dish to take home.

Morgan MacBride
Meridies