SC - Price of Feasts (was butter)

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Thu Nov 19 01:51:35 PST 1998

Caitlin commented:

>  (The problem we have with
> camping events isn't weather; it's that Storvik has given up most of its
> non-urban area to newer groups, and decent group campgrounds are hard to
> come by around here now.)

What keeps you from still continuing to use those decent group campgrounds
that you used in the past? I'm assuming that your nieghboring groups don't
reserve those same campgrounds for events on the same weekends your events
are. Is it that people don't want to drive as far as they once did?

Here in in central Texas (southern Ansteorra), I know that Bjornsborg
has held events at the Burnet site (site for TFYC) although it is an hour
northwest of Austin (Bryn Gwlad) and two hours from San Antonio (Bjornsborg).

The last Bjornsborg event was held smack in the middle of the Shire of
Ffynnon Gath, which is between Bjornsborg and Bryn Gwlad. Bryn Gwlad has
held events in Gonzales which is on the far side of Ffynnon Gath from
Bryn Gwlad.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net