SC - More hunting stories- OOP, OT

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Thu Nov 19 06:05:42 PST 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Yes, I think a list of such suggestions might be very useful. Ras, write up a
> list of these and more suggestions, perhaps in clearer language (just what is
> an olive opil blend?)

I think he means olive oil blend which is much cheaper than extra virgin olive oil.
I agree if you are using the oil to saute foods. If the oil is being used for salad
dressing or for dipping bread.. I prefer to use extra virgin due to the taste. To
me its worth the expense.

> I wouldn't expect all suggestions to be of interest to all cooks, but I think
> a lot of folks would find something of use in such a list. I know that some
> will think making their own bread is a great way to save money and others
> will consider it ridiculous for themselves. Some may say to use margarine
> instead of butter, while likely some of you zealots :-) will disagree.

I think it will be useful for just about all of us. As for making your own bread,
it is cheaper IF you have a freezer to put it in. Not all of us have these
wonderful kitchens to work in at an event. That means bread needs to be done ahead
of time.  Down here, La Madeleine has donated bread to the SCA since we are a
non-profit organization. Can't get a better price than that.  As for margarine vs
butter... no choice there, its butter every time!

Meadhbh
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra

> Stefan li Rous
> stefan at texas.net