SC - Shopping savvy for Feasts-revisited

Thu Nov 19 06:59:48 PST 1998

Wouldn't an in-ground fire pit help curb a wild fire?
Phillipa, a city girl.

> I often gripe that we are not allowed to have an in-ground fire pit

You know its times like this I am glad to be Cdn (specifically
Ealdormerean)!

We rarely, if ever, have fire restrictions. We are, for the most part,
allowed open flame at all our indoor events. And as I've stated before,
99.9% of our events are VERY wet. While some people may think that open
flame and alcohol don't mix, I have yet to see a situation arise that was
directly caused by imbibing.

While unattended tiki torches are safe, stuck in hay bales is just an
accident waiting to happen. DUH! Hopefully these people will be taken out of
the gene pool due to their own stupidity BEFORE they do anyone else harm.

BUT, we don't have nearly the amount of camping events that the rest of sca
seems to have. <sigh> I would love to live in a climate that catered to more
weekend camping events. That would be just sooooo cool.

Micaylah
- -who inadvertently set an underground fire once but was able to put it out!-