SC - Pheasant recipe

Ceridwen ceridwen at ccgnv.net
Thu Nov 19 13:20:17 PST 1998

Avelina,
    In looking through His Grace's Collection, I found a few. I'm neither a good
nor patient typist, so will give you a couple to start with. If you want more,
please e-mail me privately .

Ceridwen (ceridwen at ccgnv.net)

>From "A Text on Portuguese Cooking from the Fifteenth Century"
"Tigelada de perdiz (pheasant casserole)
    Take an undercooked pheasant and cut it in pieces. Seperately, in a
casserole dish, make a sauce with oil or butter, diced onions, cloves, pepper
and saffron.
    Roll pheasant pieces in flour and then arrange in pan with the sauce. Take
vinegar mixed with water and add to the pan with the pheasant, till half-full.
Add salt to taste. Cook on a medium flame."

>From "A Noble Boke off Cookry ffor a Prynce Houssolde" (late 15th C.?)
    "Ffessand or Pertuche:
    To boile fessand or pertuche tak good brothe put there in your fessand or
pertuche and put ther to ale, flour pepper, canelle,guinger,and saffron and
boile it well and salt it and serve it forthe with pouder douce."