SC - Buying Space

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Thu Nov 19 13:58:05 PST 1998

Ras said...
>We have shire tabards but......trousers, chemises (why were your ladies
>wearing chemises? Were they doing public penance?), skirts, table runners,
>table clothes? I can see platters and tabards but the rest of the items you
>mention are a matter of persona in this neck of the woods!!! :-0

We too have Kingdom and Barony tabards but chemises....boy wouild I like to
get in on that. Being sewing challenged, over the years I have collected
(okay, filched) chemises from various Ladies. I also belong to a small
group of women called "The Chemise Sisters".  I'm sorry, when its just too
hot to wear full garb, I run around in the thinnest of chemises.  This
seems to have caught on to a few select others that are not too
conservative, and we now have an affiliation of sorts.

It all started when I was too hot to stand cooking dinner one day in the
blazing sun,  and wandered down to the water for a quick dunk. Not
thinking, I returned and couldn't figure out why the table of lords that I
passed became very quiet. Eventually I looked down and realized that I
might as well have been wearing nothing. Since I really didn't care it has
become a sort of tradition that at Dragons Revenge all willing participants
(over 16 years of age) go down to the river and cavort and play in the
water. Although I will say this really freaked the mundanes out that had
canoed over to our beach for a rest.

Anyway, we also own kingdom tableware including table cloths, serviettes,
dishes and goblets but these are ALL reserved for head table.

Supplying anything else is just totally alien in "our neck of the woods" too.

Micaylah