SC - Bones and shells

Robyn Probert robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au
Fri Nov 20 06:28:06 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/19/98 11:22:04 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
ddfr at best.com writes:

>  If consumers don't care where shoes are made, then physically identical
>  shoes made in Italy and in the U.S. are "the same good" for economic
>  purposes, but if they do care they are different goods.

Your statement that if equal goods were priced equally there would be no trade
is based on a fallacy.  The fact is that it is not the difference in pricing
that drives trade, it is the difference in our perception of the quality of
the goods.

Mordonna