SC - Bambi in a car wreck

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Thu Nov 19 22:00:52 PST 1998

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:54:02 +0000 Robyn Probert
<robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au> writes:
>At 00:34 19/11/1998 -0500, Ras wrote:

>With the exception of peas (which are more expensive in their pods
>plus a lot of work to shell) I find it hard to imagine that anyone would
even contemplate buying frozen vegetables - are you serious??

I don't have access to much in the way of garden space/workers (I had a
garden for years, but am not physically up to keeping one these days...my
herb garden is almost more than I can handle.) I am limited to those
veggies in season and available at the farmer's stands (which isn't too
much).  When I do find a good buy, I usually freeze it for later because
frozen vegetables are the ONLY option IMHO to fresh...canned veggies
(other than tomatoes) are horrible, mushy things.

When I did feastocrat, I usually had several months to plan and would try
to get seasonal veggies and freeze them for the event.  That's how we did
the venison stew I mentioned in an earlier message....we had one of our
shire members get a deer specifically for the event (which is in May each
year) and we popped it in the deep freeze.  You try to find venison in
May :0  I feel that timely shopping and a good deep freeze is one of the
best ways to cut feast costs.

Caitlin NicFhionghuin
House Oak & Thistle
Shire of BorderVale Keep, Atlantia