SC - SC-Sausage/Powder Douce

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Fri Nov 20 07:21:48 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/20/98 2:50:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kiriel at cybergal.com writes:

<< It can
 actually be quite hard to figure out seasonal cooking where I live, >>

The best way to determine what is in season is to get a good book on
gardening. In it you should find information on what is being grown in your
part of the woods. Simply refer to yopur agricultural zone number, when
perusing the planting instructions for the various veggies and fruits.

Living with the cycles of nature was the way of life for medival people.
Unfortunately, in our increasingly urbanized society, the majority of people
have completely lost touch with the cycles of the earth. In so doing they have
lost touch with the very basis of their survival.

When viewing the middle ages, a person should always think agriculturally.
Remember our current society has been with us for less than a century. Viewed
historically, the current industrial civilization is but a blink in time.
Against the backdrop of 10000 years of social custom, it becomes
insignificant.

Ras ( who despises modern industrial civilization.)