SC - Barbarian Barbeque (was: A New Thread)

Fri Nov 20 13:22:21 PST 1998

At 8:59 AM -0600 11/19/98, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

>I buy my olive oil in 3 liter cans and my
>extra virgin olive oil in smaller quantity.  Regular olive oil is for
>cooking, extra virgin is for sauces and dressings.  I also have peanut oil,
>corn oil, sesame oil, vegetable oil, vegetable shortening, and canola oil
>(canola oil is a scribal error, I was given the bottle).  At present, I am
>out of lard, wlamut oil and almond oil.  Yes, I use all of these for
>different applications in cooking and baking.  I may even use the canola for
>tempering my cast iron, where the flavor shouldn't matter.
>
>Bear

Isn't canola oil (alias rape seed oil) Old World? Although I can't think of
any specific references to it, as I can for almond, walnut, sesame, and
olive oil. Peanut, corn, and soybean oils would be out of period, of course.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook