SC - Lochac's event

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Nov 22 20:48:10 PST 1998

Stefan asks:

The sausage stuffers that I've seen advertised here (Austin, TX) have been
on the order of $65 and up. Not what I would consider minimal $, especially
for something that might not get used much. Which setups are you speaking
of,
how much money and where can I buy them?

The one I bought was only $2.95 at a gourmet store, and consists of a
wide-necked funnel. I added a scrap piece of dowel, slightly smaller than
the opening in the neck, and cut one end off square  and the other at an
angle. Since then I've seen the funnels for sale at Odd/Big Lots, a chain
which specializes in other stores' overstocks, etc.

Depending on your meat grinder, they also have them available to attach
directly to the grinder, electric or hand-cranked, but those are more
expensive.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches