SC - sausage stuffers

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Nov 23 04:02:56 PST 1998

hello from Anne-Marie

we are asked:At 09:34 PM 11/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been asked to come up with a menu for a non-SCA Elizabethan luncheon.
(snip)
>I have not been given a budget (altho I've asked for one repeatedly) but I
>suspect that it won't be generous.  I've also been told that the blackwork
>stitchers might want to cook the luncheon themselves.
(more snip)
>Just what did Elizabethans eat for lunch?  Any ideas would be greatly
>appreciated.

Can you be more specific on time and place? Are we talking England 1500?
1600? What class? Upperclass people would eat radically differently than
field hands, both in foodstuffs and schedule, according to my reading.

I got a gajillion reconstructed Elizabethan recipies, many of which would
be suitable for modern needlework types to play with. If you can give me a
bit more info, I bet we can make something work.

- --Anne-Marie