SC - Food processors

Robyn Probert robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au
Wed Nov 25 01:15:46 PST 1998

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/19/98 2:32:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, stefan at texas.net
> writes:
>
> << What keeps you from still continuing to use those decent group campgrounds
>  that you used in the past?  >>
>
> Since use of a site in another shire entails the courtesy of asking permission
> of the other shire to 'use it's lands', it is much easier and safer to
> restrict land usage to your own shire's boundaries rather than cause a
> problem, no matter how fantastic that problem could be.
>
> Ras

I'm glad we are in a barony then, Windmasters' Hill would be in sad shape if
all of the sites weren't available to all of the cantons.  Kappellenburg
(UNC-CH) seems to mostly opt for day trip events, but if they want to do a
camping event, they don't need to do anything besides call the site that is
geographically in another canton.

The trouble we have is that with the explosive growth in the last decade,
sites like the Optimist Club Farm which used to be wa-a-a-ay out in the
country are now surrounded by suburbs and shopping centers.  On one hand, the
attendance is high because those off board and not camping have other options.
 All those unexpected day-trippers last year gave us a tidy profit on our
event.  On the other hand, you have to wonder how long til some developer
convinces the Optimists to sell.  Same applies to our heavily used YMCA camp.
Then where will we go?

Lady Bonne