SC - Rastons experiment

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 24 20:30:45 PST 1998

Anne Marie to the rescue!

>>Can you be more specific on time and place? Are we talking England 1500?
1600? What class? Upperclass people would eat radically differently than
field hands, both in foodstuffs and schedule, according to my reading.<<

Let's see -- my first impression is that they want to eat like the class which
wore the blackwork, which would be the nobility for the most part, or the
upper middle class at least. Definately England. And I suspect the exact date
doesn't matter, so anything that might have been served during the reigns of
Henry VIII and Elizabeth should be fine.

Thanks again!

Renata