SC - Re:Breakfast at WAR

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 15:52:40 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/25/98 6:48:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

<< During the MA, the Celtic Irish were the only ones
 who kept the art of writing and illumination alive.

 Mordonna >>

They also allowed women to own their own property and to accumulate their own
wealth seperate from their husband's assets. They could also divorce their
husbands easily. In many ways the Celtic peoples were far less barbaric than
their other European cousins.

Interestingly, Druid priests stood side by side with Catholic priests during
worship services and were actually absorbed into the priesthood in early
years. St. Peter's Cathedral in Dublin actually still has on it's grounds an
original sacred yew that escaped the Burning Times which a friend of mine
visited. While there he crawled under the branches of the sprawling yew and
scooped up some dirt from the sacred spot into his shoe which he put on and
wore on the flight back to the US through customs. I havce a reliquery
containing that dirt on my altar. :-)

Thanks for the memories. We truly have a lot to be thankful for as we look
forward to this harvest festival.! Happy Thanksgiving to all. May your barrels
be filled with fishes and your grain bins never empty. :-)

Ras