SC - Meals and other observations-OOP

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 06:55:26 PST 1998

>From: "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
>To: "'sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG'" <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
>Subject: RE: SC - Thanksgiving
>Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 23:07:53 -0600
>
>> reconsider my position on living in the States. We had our
Thanksgiving a
>> few weeks ago but its not the event you guys have.  .
>>
>> Micaylah

Well, for me, this is a time of year that I catch up with the stragglers
in my group of friends.  We sat down to a table of 15, and three of
those people I hadn't heard from in over 8 months.  Dinner is a simple
affair:

Cheese/meat and crackers as well as chips and dip to nosh on (from about
10am)

Shrimp cocktail and stuffed mushroom caps for appetiser
Honeymoon salad to cleanse the palate
Simply pasta with butter and garlic to wake up the taste buds
Turkey
Cranberry and cinnamon stuffing
Apple/sausage/sage stuffing
Cranberry jelly (oy, what a pain in the buttocks!)
Challah and Italian bread
Honey butter, savoury butter, and cinnamon butter
Sweet potato pie (with and without toasted marshmallows on top)
and lots of mulled cider

Then I let everyone have an hour respite.  Dessert was next:

Pumpkin pie
baked apples with fresh whipped cream
truffles
the Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake

I had to have the baked apples instead of apple pie.  It would have been
rude to the two diabetics in the group if they couldn't eat dessert as
well as the rest of us.

The food aside, there were two toasts made at dinner.  One was to those
present and absent, the friends we all love and welcome back into our
hearts/homes every year - and every year they become dearer.

The second was for those who had less than we do.  We all do our own
thing to try to give them something during the holidays - as well as
year round - to make their lives a bit more bearable.

The love in that room made the 80+ hours of cooking and baking all week
worth it.  Now.....what to do for my Yule party in Dec?......I only have
4 pans of lasagna ready in the deep freeze.....

Diana

Everywoman is a Goddess.  Everyman is a God.  We are all
equal, so get over yourself!