SC - Thanksgiving-oop recipe FENNEL, PROSCIUTTO AND PINE NUT STUFFING

Deborah Schumacher chicagojo at rni.net
Sun Nov 29 18:56:16 PST 1998

Allison comments:

> Stefan,
>
> My old Betty Crocker cook book has an easy egg bread, and directions on
> how to braid it to make it challah.  We looked it up this evening, as we
> needed an egg bread for part of a mundane recipe.
>
> If you can't find one, ask and I'll post.  It's not necessarily period,
> of course.

Thanks, Allison. I have several challah recipes in my breadmaking-msg
file which have been given by others. There are also several other
breads rich in eggs and butter. I might attempt one of these if I feel
especially enthusiastic but I'd rather find a bread from the store
which would work well. I've seen challah there, but they usually twist
it rather than make it in a round shape.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net