SC - Re: Ras wanting humor proof

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 06:09:30 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/1/98 4:35:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
miche at merlin.net.au writes:

<<(Uni level if that makes it hold more weight) >>

Not to me. I'm not a 'pay to play' advocate. :-)

<<we studied Chaucer's Canterbury Tales -...<snip>.....so does a Chaucer
 reference to humors improve it being a bit more a common a concept??

 Michelle >>

This would depend on if Chaucer's Tales were the product of a university mind
or the product of a regular person coupled with whether Chaucer was noted in
his own time as being a 'voice of the people' or whether his works were
considered obscure by his peers.

Since Chaucer was never one of my interests, I don't know the answers to those
questions  or whether it makes for an additional case in the argument that
humoral theory was widely accepted or not. Be that as it may, it is certainly
a nice 'food fact' and suggests that maybe I might want to consider studying
Chaucer more closely. :-) Thanks for the info.

Ras