SC - Re: Vegetarians, Balanced Meals, and Humors

Sun Nov 1 08:42:45 PST 1998

> there's a
> strong, learned, cultural imperative when preparing a meal to fix a meat,
> a starch, a veggie, and a dessert.  Perhaps the cultural imperative was
> just as strong in 1442 to eat or prepare a meal that balanced warm and
> cool foods with dry and moist ones.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Elaina

Possibly.  I might try balancing humors, if I knew more about it.  When I
started preparing feasts, I took an artistic tack, attempting to make a
pleasing blend of taste, texture and color.  To me, this method makes as
much sense as any physicians advice of preparing food.

Bear