SC - OT moving to Boston

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at srl.rmit.EDU.AU
Wed Nov 4 10:53:34 PST 1998

Hey folks. I have been offered a job in Boston, which is a very long way
from Melbourne. I don't know very much about the place, and I need to
sort out stuff pretty fast, because they want me to start in early
December. Is there anyone out there who can tell me stuff like what it
costs to live there (food, rent, electricity, gas, transport, etc) and
what I need to know about? I know that winter there is different - in
Melbourne we don't get snow. I have worked in a small ski resort,
(hundreds of beds in the place all up - maybe 50 buildings?) but Boston
is the only real city where I have seen genuine snow.

And if nobody here is from Boston, then what the heck do they eat, and
who does medieval stuff there?

Please reply privately to charlesn at srl.rmit.edu.au - at the moment all
other mail is going into the kill file, due to lack of time :(

Charles Ragnar