SC - lard, was Which books?

Joyce A. Baldwin jocetta at ibm.net
Thu Nov 5 22:24:48 PST 1998

Actually, Raleigh-Durham isn't  _really_  the South.  It is what one of my
friends picturesquely calls a "techno-slum."  Full of prosperous
overcrowded techno-yuppies, many of whom are foodies, so actually the
availability of many substances is pretty good.  But there is also an
increasing Hispanic population to cater to said techno-yuppies, so I will
check out the local tiendas. Thanks for the suggestion!

I will also check out Food Lion again as Bonne suggested - my nose tends to
block a number of items (I don't understand why, it really isn't that big).
 I may have missed it besides I mostly shop at Krogers as it's closer and
is 24 hrs.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful suggestions.

Jocetta

**********

****************
>	I'm in the South also, as, I believe, is the original poster, and I can get
>it easily in big blocks in some of the grocery stores. Just used some in a
>soapmaking experiment, which seems to have turned out fine so far. (Good
>thing--Christmas is fast approaching and this seems to have developed into my
>big project for the year!   :-) )
>
>		Ldy Diana

Joyce A. Baldwin
Diva Extraordinaire

In the Society for Creative Anachronism:
Lady Jocetta Thrushleigh of Rowansgarth
Exchequer, Canton of Buckston on Eno