SC - Crusty bread

Jgoldsp at aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 16:47:37 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/10/98 10:45:58 PM !!!First Boot!!!, him at gte.net writes:

<< I read that pro bakers sprayed water in the ovens like you do when
 baking bread.  They sometimes have a lever on the outside of the oven
 that spayed water in for them.  I think I even saw that on a cooking
 show once. >>
<< Why yes you can spray the bread before baking and also do this little trick
spread a piece of tin foil on the bottom of the oven only in the middle. Now
place your bread on the racks throw a cup of whole ice cubes on the foil close
oven bake as normal as the ice melts it produces steam at regular intervals
and ensures a crust with attitude enjoy
                           Joram