SC - Convection conversion

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 08:46:27 PST 1998

LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> Jocetta,
>
> My new electric stove is both standard and convection.  The push areas on
> the digital panel (do these have names, yet?  They aren't buttons) can be
> used to convert regular temperatures to convection.  It generally seems
> to be 50* lower, and occasionally takes a minute or two or three longer
> in timing.

I thought one of the plusses for convection ovens was that they cooked a bit
faster.  Not as much faster as a microwave, but faster than a normal oven.

Jocetta has exited this list, (couldn't take the volume) but I'll forward your
message to her and to our local cooks list that I just discovered.

Another list, woe is me.

Bonne