SC - Bread Bowl Eqivalents

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Thu Nov 12 02:25:46 PST 1998

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> Since I've got the recipes, I am desparate to see the illustration!  Be
> nice to have visual documentation, if you'd be so kind, 'Lainie.

Allison,
	I'll try. I went through my shelf and found that the specific one
(the triptyc) was not there- propbably loaned out. But I found a picture
of a nearly identical ivory in an old Time-Life book, specifically _Age of
Faith_ by Anne Fremantle (Time Incorporated, New York, 1965). On pages
108-9 is the picture of this ivory, with the joust a'plaisance, the
gallery,etc. In the upper right corner is the guy with something in his
hand. It still looks like a pie of some sort to me, but it is not as clear
as the other ivory. If I have time in the next couple of days I'll go to
the art library and see if I can locate the triptyc.

It's late- I'm crashing- so 'till later I remain

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731