SC - pine nuts

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 19:00:22 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/12/98 6:05:18 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
uther at lcc.net writes:

>  Greetings to the list!
>  I live in East Texas.  Where might I get "pine nuts".  Would there be a
>  good substitution?
>  thanks
>  gwyneth

Pine Nuts grow wild here in the Desert Southwest.  You should be able to find
them in any major food store, perhaps in the Ethnic Foods section.  Here in
Phoenix, I can purchase them at Basha's, Fry's, Smitty's, etc.  Sometimes with
the baking supplies, sometimes with the salted nuts, sometimes in the Ethnic
Food section.  Also found some Chinese Pine Nuts at Trader Joe's for a
reasonable price.

Mordonna