SC - pine nuts

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 19:02:56 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/12/98 8:05:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, uther at lcc.net
writes:

<< I live in East Texas.  Where might I get "pine nuts".  Would there be a
 good substitution?
 thanks
 gwyneth >>

Any good grocery store should have pine nuts. They could be labeled as
'pignoles' They are usually found in the produce department. There is no
substitute that i am aware of although cruched almonds stored with a few
crushed juniper berries for a couple of weeks might do it.

Ras