SC - Price of butter

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Nov 13 13:37:50 PST 1998

We do what we do at home, when we have a lot of guests over-improvise!

Not really as tongue in cheek as it sounds, we change the stuff for breakfast. I
buy the 50 lb sack of flour from BJ's Wholesale Club , the 2 1-lb pkgs of yeast,
the 25lb sack of sugar, the flat of 6 dozen eggs, the tone-loc 4 oz jar of
cinnamon, the 3 lb sack of walnuts and add the very precious and rare real dairy
butter and make coffee cake. take many of the same ingredients, add cream
cheese[available in the 5lb brick] and make filled danish. sweet breads are a
great way to boot the blood sugar levels into the stratosphere and get you up
and running for the day. Coffee? well it is still moderately expensive, but if
it is balanced out with an assortment of teas and juice blends it is not so
expensive as say eggs benedict for 60...and there are a lot of people who don't
really do breakfast, and would be happy with a piece of toast. Really, baked
goods are cheaper than anything but leftovers imho.

margali