SC: travellers food was... Re: SC - Stuff inside bread (was: Bread Soup B...

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Nov 13 23:59:17 PST 1998

At 12:34 AM -0500 11/14/98, LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/14/98 12:21:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, acrouss at gte.net
>writes:
>
><< Its interesting that there's a middle eastern version, >>
>
>And , how does the obvious existence of a middle eastern version during period
>translate into 'not period'...I am confused.

I think the "middle eastern version" was barmakiya, which has very little
similarity to a bread bowl. So "serving a bread bowl full of stuff is out
of period, but there is a middle eastern version of the idea of bread with
meat filling in between." At least that's how I read it.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/