SC - Re: Hot Drinks

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Nov 15 14:14:49 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/15/98 11:44:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Bronwynmgn at aol.com writes:

> Apparently there are starting to be problems with food poisoning in
>  this area as well; I'm not sure what organism is the problem.

Sometimes... REALLY RARELY... some e.coli <sp?> slip into the cider mix from
either unclean hands or maybe groundfall apples. I don't really know the
source, but I know it's rare enough for me to have not encountered it in over
a decade and a half of letting cider do what cider does best.

Anyway, somebody got sick once. So they pasteurize the cider. We can still get
unpasterized here (Thank gods for South Carolina's heel dragging).

Corwyn
Kingdom of Atlantia
Barony of Nottinghill Coill
Canton of Falcon Cree