SC - RE: SC-Venison OT

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Wed Nov 18 04:55:48 PST 1998

Psst! Hey, Ras!

Just a word to the wise....if you plan to serve Alces in any form in
Aethelmearc, I can think of a few who are already marinated and tenderized.

Aoife (married to an alce---Alce =Aethelmearc award for fighting, which is
also known affectionately as*bullwinkle*. Can we have a side of Rocky while
we're at it? Yum).

> vjarmstrong at aristotle.net writes:
>
> << the recipe called for
>  moose or some such beast but, >>
>
> Oooooh! Canadian period moose! I must have the recipe!! :-0
>
> Ras

Sorry Ras, Alces americana (commonly called moose in North America) isn't
part of the Medieval diet.  On the otherhand, A. alces (commonly called elk
in Northern Europe) is.  A. alces is smaller than its North American
cousin.
Of course, A. americana would be suitable as a CMA substitution.

Bear