SC - Question

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Nov 18 22:44:45 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/18/98 10:40:07 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
allilyn at juno.com writes:

>   As for trusting paintings, of course we regard them with at least a
>  little scepticism, but it is easier--and more available--to look at
>  pictures than to read period texts.

Throughout this entire thread, and the similar one a few months ago, I have
been trying to remember the name of an artist or of his painting.  I have seen
it several times in museum catalogs and magazines.  I am almost certain it is
from pre-16th century.  One of the details shows hogs being driven to market.
The hogs are quite fat.  So fat their little feet barely seem to hold them up.
Their bodies are round blobs, and they have humps of fat on their shoulders
and even the top of their heads and jowls are fatty.
It is hopeless, at my age, the file system is beginning to break down.  Just
because I can pull up the picture does not mean I can recall the artist.  I
may even be Renaissance instead of MA.

Mordonna <tottering off to my bed mumbling to myself>