SC - Buying Space (Was: Price of Feasts) (Was: Butter)

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Nov 19 12:37:46 PST 1998

Renata,  a former kingdom chronicler answered...

>Local (below kingdom level) newsletters are not allowed to sell ad space
because the income from ads is taxable. Kingdom newsletters report this
income to the Corporation quarterly, but there is no reporting required for
local
newsletters and far too many of them to keep careful financial records of at
the *corporate* level.  So the SCA has decided not to allow paid ads n local
newsletters.<

That's what I thought. But, here in Ealdormere (BEFORE we went Kingdom) we
reported to the Principality Chronicler every quarter, including finances. I
was under the impression that the Principality Chronicler, in turn, reported
all this to the Kingdom Chronicler. Now that we have been elevated to
kingdom I am not too sure what the hierarchy and schtik is.

>Regarding space for events in the newsletters: Caid offers free space for
any
event on the official kingdom calendar.  But we are a geographically small
kingdom (excepting Hawaii and New Zealand) and have relatively few geo-
political units.  Other kingdoms with more geo-politcal units have different
ways of allotting their newsletter space.  Some allow a certain amount of
space
free, with more available at charge.  Some only run event ads for kingdom
level events and local events must buy space in the kingdom newsletter.
Each
kingdom is different.<

As far as I know we don't charge either.

Micaylah