SC - OT: subst mead for wine?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 17:55:03 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/22/98 6:03:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
caitlin at phosphor-ink.com writes:

<< In general, would it be a bad thing to substitute a dry mead for a dry
 >white wine in a recipe (for lamb and lentil stew... RAS:p222 of "Frugal
 >Gourmet Keeps the Feast")? >>

After reading the recipe several times and experimenting with a jar of home
canned lentil soup, I would not recommend this substitution in this recipe.
The taste is hard to describe but let's just say that I was not particularly
fond of it. Each persons taste is different so you may find it appealling.

Ras