SC - Sausage Casings

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 11:14:54 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/23/98 1:29:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DianaFiona at aol.com writes:

<< I've got one that I use for dry items, but I'm leery of pouring
 wet things through it, especially anything acidic. Anyone have a clue how
safe
 these generally are?

 		Ldy Diana >>

Acid must come into contact with non-food grade plastics for a length of time.
I seriously doubt that  any leeching will occur in the minimal time it takes
sausage meat to go through a funnel. If you are really this paranoid spray
with pan release or use an empty coke bottle as was suggested before. SFAIK,
the warnings about food grde plastics are intended to be used when considering
long term storage, not casual use. There are far more hideous nasties pouring
from your internal combustion engine to worry about than any persieved harm
imagined from applying studies out side of their intended scope, IMO.

Ras

Ras