SC - Suggestion-OT-OOP

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Nov 23 21:56:48 PST 1998

Ras replied to me:

> stefan at texas.net writes:
> << Huh? I thought there were two "sides" of lard or whatever on each animal.
> Thus, >>
>
> Please read the correction that followed my post. concerning the number of
> hogs which were represented by the sides. Both the correction and additional
> comments were posted immediately after the error was discovered.
> Unfortunately
> through this medium , we do not always have the liesure of proof-reading
> until after posting.
>
> I sometimes read the entire lot of posts on a given subject line  before
> returning to any one to posts to respond. Perhaps trying that approach would
> save the nit-pickijng over individual words to the exclusion of viewing the
> entire gist of a subject that has recently been occuring with far too much
> frequency on this list.

Yes, I saw Bear's comments today. Unfortunately, as I get this mail list in
digest form, it is rather difficult to finish reading a thread before
replying to it. While the way you post may be difficult to proof-read before
hitting the send button, the way I get the mail list makes it difficult to
know what has already been replied to. Even if you read through all the
digest which is linear by time when the mail machine gets the message and
not by threads, the answer you are looking for may well be in the ten to
twenty messages waiting to be mailed out in the next digest.

My appologies to you if you thought I was nitpicking over individual words.
That was not my intention. While there was some humor in pointing out what
was probably a typo, I was interested in knowing what the real numbers
were and it was quite possible that my difinition of "side" was not correct,
as much of this cooking/food terminology is new to me.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net